Friday, July 6, 2012

Electronics - A Guys Best Friend

Spent most of today adding a few "toys" to the RV before we head out.  Debbie keeps asking if all this is necessary for the trip ... I of course advise, we couldn't make it without them!

Damn cool Updated Cockpit - Actually not a big set of distractions.
Even the mapping app talks to you so you don't have to look at it!

New CB - All controls in the hand.  Usually listen when we hit traffic jams.
Truckers are usually great about telling you which lane to get in
or how to by pass an accident.

iPad in Ram X holder - I use the Motion X App for our mapping software.
It's a great GPS app.  Haven't had an issue yet with directions.
Yes - we do carry paper maps too.

Rear Camera Monitor - even with this short of an RV it helps when backing.

Scanner Head - The main scanner is mounted under my chair.
I use this to listen to the trains and occasionally the police.
Although, we've been in some towns camping that it
got a little scarey listening to what was happening at night!

Temp Gauge - 90.4 degrees at 0900 this morning and 85% humidity!
I hear its quite a bit cooler in California ... Can't wait!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Boys & their toys just give me a star to steer by

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me guess....you are out installing all your toys and Debbie is in the house running around trying to get everyone packed:) I know this scenario:) Y'all have a safe and happy journey.

    ReplyDelete